Morpheus Security has a varied collection of equipment and other resources at its disposal. Some of the more notable pieces of this collection are detailed here.
Secure Cell Phones
Morpheus has their own custom made secure smartphone, which they use in place of access cards or codes in their secure facilities, and to control the ignition of most of their vehicles. A secure cell phone is issued to all active field agents and support personnel, and is used as the standard communication system wherever cellular service is available. These phones are not available on the open market, but it looks similar enough to any number of other models that a casual observer is unlikely to notice it’s not an ordinary phone. (Notice DC 25, reveals it’s not commercially available)
- Dual core 1.6 GHz CPU and 2GB RAM (PR 2 computer)
- 12MP rear camera with 4x optical zoom (+2 cap)
- 5MP front camera
- Touch screen with fingerprint scanner
- Global 3g/4g, wifi, bluetooth, GPS, and NFC radios (PR 4 radio)
- 1024 bit encryption for all communications/stored data (PR 6 cypher)
- 32 GB of internal high speed storage
- Secure sandboxed mode allows loading and using commercial apps
- 12 hour battery
Morpheus has a well stocked armory thanks to years of work in serving the needs and tastes of multiple agents. Most handguns, rifles, and shotguns in modern production are represented at least once in the Morpheus armory, and they can be requisitioned without any difficulty. However, some are better represented than others. Heavy and exotic weapons are less well represented and additional effort may have to be taken when requisitioning those.
- M416 Carbine. This is the standard assault rifle of Morpheus’ tactical teams. Built on the frame of the M4 carbine, but modified with an action and receiver from the G36 rifle, increasing reliability. The M416 also features some ergonomic enhancements over the M4. Most of the agency’s M416s are converted from M4s that were purchased from the US military.
- FN P90. This is the standard submachine gun used by morpheus tactical teams when close quarters fighting is anticipated, or high mobility is needed. This super modern submachine gun is light weight and compact. It utilizes a custom necked cartridge and high capacity magazine in a bullpup configuration.
- Beretta 92FS. Standard issue handgun, used in nearly all situations. Also known as the M9 in the US military. This is the standard issue side arm for a number of world militaries and police forces. It is reliable and has a large capacity magazine and manageable recoil. Most agency Beretta 92s have threaded barrels to accept suppressors or muzzle brakes.
- M14 DMR. Standard marksman rifle, issued almost universally whenever situations call for a precision long range rifle. Formerly the Designated Marksman Rifle for the USMC, Morpheus purchased over 100 of these when the Marines replaced them with the Enhanced Battle Rifle in 2008. These are also known as the M21, which was the scoped semi-auto only variant of the original M14 rifle.
- Fixed Wing Aircraft
- Rotary Wing Aircraft
- 2x Eurocopter AS365 N4 Dauphin, seats 12, or 8 with combat gear. (C-GGKI and C-GGKK)
- 1x Eurocopter AS365 X Dauphin, armed with 1x 20mm cannon and 2x 7.62mm machine guns. (C-GGKO)
4×4s are the main duty vehicles used by Morpheus. They offer acceptable performance in a variety of terrain, seating for whole agent teams, and desirable utility. In addition to the regular fleet of 4 wheel drive vehicles, several other individual vehicles were acquired to meet certain special needs and were kept afterwards.
- 12x 2005-2008 Ford F-150 Crewcab V8. The F-150 is the standard work horse among Morpheus automobiles. It’s powerful, reliable, seats 5 comfortably, and is a common sight through the americas and parts of Europe and Africa.
- 4x 2007 Land Rover Range Rover V8. Used primarily in place of the F-150 when the F-150 would stand out or otherwise present an undesirable impression.
- 4x 2009 Jeep Wrangler 4-Door. Used primarily when unusually difficult off-road terrain is anticipated. 2 soft body and 2 hard body.
- 6x 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Used as the standard city car when cargo capacity is not a concern. Or, when the speed or handling of the F-150 is considered innadequate. Seats 5, but not comfortably.
- 1x 2006 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. Acquired in 2006 in support of an agent’s cover identity as an eastern european media baron and dilettante. Used several times since, including track use.
- 1x 2007 Bentley Arnage. Acquired in 2007. Modified with armor, bullet resistant windows, enhanced suspension, and solid tires. Used in support of a hostile extraction of a well guarded target, and a few times since for “rolling meetings” with security conscious assets.
Morpheus’ main headquarters is a private airfield located about 20 miles outside Toronto, Canada. The facility has two runways and a helipad, and four large airplane hangars which normally house the agency’s G200, the standard C2, 3 Predator Drones, one of the N4 Dauphin helicopters and the armed Dauphin helicopter. Additionally, the majority of the ground vehicles are normally kept here. Other resources include: Officer and agent dormitories, security and tactical barracks, training facilities, numerous wired and wireless communication lines, data center, machine and electrical shops, armory, and global operations center.
European Remote Office
Morpheus has recently established a remote office outside Stockholm, Sweden. The facility consists of a small heliport and rural unpaved airstrip. Construction is currently underway on paved runways and facilities buildings, and is scheduled for completion by the end of November. When it is complete, the remote office will have resources similar to the main headquarters, and will normally house the C2 with radar dome, 3 recently acquired Predator Drones, and one of the N4 Dauphin Helicopters, a recently acquired Cessna Citation II, as well as a variety of ground vehicles.